- About Us
SITE MAINTENANCE NOTICE: BTW JULY 30 AND AUGUST 5, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH MCN AS WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF UPGRADING OUR SYSTEMS. CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
MCN membership is open to everyone interested in the field of museum technology and digital media: students, emerging and seasoned professionals, as well as nonprofit organizations (e.g. museums, heritage sites, historic homes...), and corporations.
WHY JOIN MCN?
We are a thriving community of museum professionals who strive for excellence in museum technology and digital media. We share information, experience, and knowledge about the key challenges we face in our jobs, including:
- Keeping up with rapidly evolving technology and emerging trends;
- Building a data or image base for your museum collection;
- Automating management of digital assets, web content, membership, events, ticketing, or exhibit design;
- Applying best practices and emerging standards;
- Using multimedia and social media to increase the effectiveness of our educational programs and web presence;
- Getting the most from limited or shrinking technology funding.
- Since 1972, we gather once a year for the MCN Annual Conference to explore these themes in depth, hear from experts in our field, check on the latest products and services from key industry vendors, and network.
- We maintain an active list serv where questions and responses are posted almost daily.
- Many of us also actively participate in Special Interest Groups or SIGs that focus on a range of topics such as Digital Media, Digital Asset Management Systems, Intellectual Property, and many more.
- And we offer MCN Pro, a year-round online webinars series, where community experts share hands-on projects and best practices on topics relevant to our field.
- Toll free (US only): 1-888-211-1477, extension 803
- Outside US: +1-855-473-2339, extension 803
- Email: membership [at] mcn [dot] edu