- About Us
Membership is open to all interested individuals, nonprofit organizations, and corporations.
WHY JOIN MCN? We are a community of professionals who strive for excellence in museum technology. We share information, experience, and knowledge about the key challenges we face in our jobs, including:
- keeping up with rapidly evolving technology and emerging trends
- building a data or image base for your museum collection
- automating management of digital assets, web content, membership, events, ticketing, or exhibit design
- applying best practices and emerging standards
- using multimedia and social media to increase the effectiveness of our educational programs and web presence
- getting the most from limited or shrinking technology funding
We gather once a year to explore these themes in depth, and maintain an active list serv where questions and responses are posted almost daily. Many of us also actively participate in Special Interest Groups focusing on topics like Digital Media, Digital Asset Management Systems, Intellectual Property, and more.
Select one of the following options to renew or join:
The membership year is July 1-June 30 in accordance with the MCN Fiscal Year. Membership applications received after April 1 will be entered effective July 1 unless specified otherwise.
MEMBERSHIP CONTACT INFO
MCN Membership Office
1666 K. Street, NW, Ste. 260
Washington, DC 20006
Toll Free: 1-888-211-1477, extension 708
Email: membership [at] mcn [dot] edu