- About Us
MCN-L, the Museum Computer Network's Listserv
The listserv is the Museum Computer Network’s primary means of communication between conferences. MCN-L provides a lively, supportive forum for discussion and networking among MCN members and colleagues worldwide.
Two Types of Subscriptions
When you subscribe, you have a choice between receiving all postings individually or as a single daily digest.
What can you expect when you join MCN-L?
The listserv gives you the opportunity to post questions and ask for advice from your colleagues in the information technology community on an extensive range of topics from software recommendations to technical questions about digital images and more.
- News of recent developments in relevant technology
- Conference, seminar, and workshop announcements
- Links to timely articles and up-to-date information on new standards
- Notices with calls for conference presentation proposals
Enter your name and email address in the form below, and begin receiving MCN-L today!
How to Unsubscribe
If you need to unsubscribe from MCN-L, please send an e-mail to mcn-l-request [at] mcn [dot] edu with the command "unsubscribe" in the body of the message.
Additional information and instructions for MCN-L can be found at http://mcn.edu/mailman/listinfo/mcn-l or by sending an e-mail with "help" in the body of the message to mcn-l-request [at] mcn [dot] edu.
For additional assistance with MCN-L, please send an e-mail to listmaster [at] mcn [dot] edu.
The MCN-L Archive
At present, access to the MCN-L Archive is available via:
- http://mcn.edu/pipermail/mcn-l/, a bare-bones page which leads to canned lists of posts grouped by thread, date, etc., or
- Google search. In the Google search box, enter your search term and "site:http://mcn.edu/pipermail/mcn-l/". For example: wikis site:http://mcn.edu/pipermail/mcn-l/
Because Google hasn't indexed all MCN-L archive pages, this does only a partial job. MCN is looking into more effective alternatives.